Pages

Sunday 23 February 2014

The Roaches Wild Camp 22/2/14

I hadn't even heard of The Roaches till a few weeks ago! Curiosity got the better of me though..!

Not long after leaving the car I passed some friendly, inquisitive folk beside the singletrack road..

A nice pleasant amble along the road beneath The Roaches..

It was very windy on the walk up and along the ridge, it made taking photo's very difficult..
The trig point is impossible to miss and provides excellent panoramic views. 

The ridge path gives a good view of Tittesworth reservoir.. 
Doxey Pool (I should have collected water here as it's the only place I came across up high). Hindsight eh?! 



I wandered round to the front of the rock face in search of water, pausing to watch the climbers doing their thing. 


A couple of interesting little caves were found in my search of water..

I eventually found a stream, a few centimetres in depth, it put the Travel Tap through its paces!  

Found a nice pitch away from the crowds.. the only problem was the incline, easily remedied by placing my pack under the lowest part of my sleeping mat.

My meals for the trip, the noodles went down a treat after a hard days slog!

Had my usual choice of coffee's too!

The view from my temporary accommodation while the noodles were hydrating! I kicked off the boots and enjoyed the scenery! 

Dusk time with my lighting on.. shortly after this I hit the sack, I slept like a baby while the strong winds were blowing through the treetops.
After my standard camping breakfast (Wayfayrers all day breakfast and a coffee) I packed up and made the short stroll back to the car :)


No comments:

Post a Comment