Pages

Saturday 5 March 2016

Lake District Wild Camp (pictures only) 27-28/2/16

Although this trip provided some stunning views, it didn't properly get going till late in the first day so I've decided to just add the pictures instead of struggling to blog about it. Enjoy ;-)



Brown Pike.
   

Camp on Dow Crag.
The Scaffels at dawn.


Buck Pike.


Dow Crag.

Old Man of Coniston.


Seathwaite Tarn.
Levers Water.

Swirl How and Great Carrs.



Old Man of Coniston.
Orion and Pleiades visible.
The Milky Way right over camp.

4 comments:

  1. Some awesome photos, thats what I am missing out on by not camping. I'm a full day hiker myself but not really gotten into overnight as yet, mainly due to the whole no wild camping rule in England which is very frustrating. Might have to address that. I'll be sure to bookmark you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as you stick to the rules then I see no problem with it, if you need any information then give me a shout :-)

      Delete
  2. Thanks Lee, I might take you up on the advise offer at some point. Attempted Skiddaw via Ullock Pike on Monday, you know the day with 55mph gusts. Big mistake, we got halfway up and had no choice but to retreat, the force was unreal on exposed ridges like Longside Edge.

    Anyway, gonna add you to the blogs to follow list on my blog, you've got some great content. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With regards wind, 40mph is about my limit (for camping anyhow). Anything above and you risk ruining kit and potentially bailing at silly o' clock which would not be fun.

      Delete